This holidays will soon be here! Nothing says festive like a beautiful platter of cookies for friends, family, and guests. This recipe is a favorite and can be decorated with your favorite icing or eaten plain.
Gluten Free, Dairy Free Sugar Cookies
- 1 ½ cups Rice Flour
- ½ cup Tapioca Starch
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar or Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 tsp Xantham Gum
- 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1/8 tsp Real Salt
- 1 cup cold Coconut Oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp nut milk or water
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350o.
- Put all dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse to mix or mix well in a stand mixer or by hand.
- Add coconut oil and process until crumbly. If doing by hand use the ‘cutting in’ method.
- Add egg and vanilla and process. Add some of the water and continue to process until the mixture forms a ball. Add water slowly and do not over-wet.
- Spread additional rice flour on your counter and roll out the dough to about ¼ inch thick. Use cookie cutters to cut into desired shapes.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are beginning to brown.
- Cool and then frost if desired.